Notice of Opportunity
MORENO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
A 9-12 Paideia Learning Community
Notice of Employment Opportunity
Moreno Valley High School is situated at approximately 8500 feet in the small mountain resort town of Angel Fire in north central New Mexico at the southern end of the Rocky Mountains. World class mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, golf, hiking, tennis, and fishing are all popular activities here, while its small size, high alpine and rural environment, and occasionally heavy snowfalls can be deterrents for some.
Moreno Valley High School has been nationally ranked enjoying a reputation for excellence over the years due to the practice of the Paideia philosophy and methodology across the curriculum, and the high percentage of students taking AP exams. The new Administrator will be expected to use Paideia in his or her leadership, promote Paideia in the classroom, maintain/enhance the reputation of the school and be present in the community.
School Culture: “Moreno Valley High School’s singularly dedicated teachers and uniquely versatile curriculum have played an incredibly important role in all of my successes in life. Our education system in the United States is in desperate need of more schools like MVHS—schools that offer a 5-star education to those who would not otherwise have a chance to receive it. MVHS never taught me what to think, but how to think, both critically and creatively, and I am still grateful to this day.” -Dylan Felt, MVHS Graduate
• Valid New Mexico Administrative License or Eligible to receive one within 90 days from hiring.
• At least three years of experience in public, private and/or charter school administration.
•Experience with the Paideia Learning Method
• Experience with Charter Schools
• At least three years of successful teaching at the high school level.
• Innovative, flexible, student-centered educational leader
• Technology/Social Media/Web Design
• Democratic management style
• Proven ability to perform all duties without the help of additional support staff
• Experience fostering community relationships
• Experience with New Mexico Schools
• Experience with developing/maintaining operating budget
• Experience with Human Resources procedures
• Strategic Planning – develop and execute a strategic plan for short and long term growth.
• Team Building – create a team atmosphere to support the vision and mission of MVHS
• Advancement – identify and secure new sources of funding.
• Governance – support and work with the Staff, Students and Governing Council.
• External Relations – properly represent MVHS with local community, education sector, and other external constituents, including parents and families.
• Financial Management – oversee organization finances, including development of and implementation of annual budget.
• School Support – support the instructional team in the area of staff management, hiring, evaluation, HR issues, and other tasks as necessary
• Instructional Leadership – provide instructional leadership necessary to produce maximum student outcomes by supporting teaching staff through strong coaching and mentoring, professional development, and data analysis.
• School Activities – Participate in school campouts, hikes, seminars, etc.
Deadline: Open until filled
To request an application packet, please contact:
Governing Council Member, Rogers Lanon
Visit: Campus at 56 Camino Grande, Angel Fire, NM 87710
Applications: Interested and Qualified persons must submit a completed application packet to:
MVHS c/o Hiring Committee
P.O. Box 1037 Angel Fire, NM 87710
Moreno Valley High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,national origin, gender, age, or disability in the hiring practices, programs, and activities.
For a printable version of this document please click the following link: MVHS Notice of Opportunity (1)